As many of you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In that light, it is fitting that as we continue to explore W.E.L.L.N.E.S.S.©, W.inning E.very L.iving day through L.ove N.utrition E.xercise S.erenity and S.pirituality, that I introduce you to an amazing Breast Cancer Survivor, Gwen Rich, who lives life to the fullest and is our newest Health Champion. Gwen is an inspiring woman who has learned how to take those curve balls that life throws at you and spin them into a Home Run!!
Gwen started as many young Americans in the 1960’s. Gwen grew up in Illinois, a little over an hour northwest of Chicago., went off to college and then she set out on her own path! She left college after a year at Illinois State University and explored modelling in the US and Europe and came back to work at the Chicago Board of Option Exchanges where she met her future husband, Adam, with whom she shares an incredibly supportive and committed relationship of 30 years. She started her family of 4 children, raised them while working as a Professional Image Stylist by helping others to feel good by creating a positive self image and developing confidence through individualizing a fashionable wardrobe. She and her husband found out in 2012, after dealing with 8 years of ongoing issues with back pain and negative Mammograms, that she had Incurable Breast Cancer. Like most women, she was in shock and it was a process to move forward in her life but she navigated that process much quicker than most and has become a Breast Cancer Survival Champion!
Gwen has a deep purpose to bring the same passion of her earlier career to the goal of helping other cancer survivors to feel good, create a positive self image despite where they are on their cancer journey, to share the strategies that she has found have helped with her own survival and as she says, “make her life Rich with Possibility and Happiness”, and that She Does!!!
Her motto is “Health is Your Wealth”. She says that she has 8 strategies which she has felt have been the most significant for her ongoing 8 years as a Stage IV Breast Cancer Survivor. Gwen’s Successful Survival Strategies:
- She E.xercises and loves running regulary!
- She maintains a positive mental attitude, and believes that we create our own luck every day by seeing the good and spinning the positive into every experience in our life.
- She lives as a N.utrition Guru and loves to share the Whole Foods that are best for health as well as have her own line of supplements to round out what our bodies need for whole nutrition.
- She is cognizant of her environment and avoids Environmental Toxins as much as possible, which are so common in our world today.
- She listens to her body and gets adequate Sleep! We are learning more today how true this is to overall health!
- She is intuned to her S.pirituality not only through her Faith but also through her passion for living her Life Purpose! She is Passionate about Living the Rich Solution and sharing that with others!
- She is committed to Community Connection not only with the L.oving relationship that she has with her husband and family but with her extended community-one of the most powerful predictors of Life Long Health!
- She tunes into S.erenity or her Stress Busters to relieve the many forces of Stress which are impacting on our health today!
She does not take her health for granted and she not only talks the talk but walks the walk. She shares this message on the national stage as she hosts her own radio show, The Rich Solution, on Spoony Radio, iHeart Radio, and others. Gwen is one of the most upbeat, positive people I have met. She loves to sew and has created her own line of Handbags, The Gwen Marie Collection, “Purses With A Purpose”. Proud to be made here in the US and sold on her website, the proceeds of which she uses to help with Breast Cancer Research at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
As you can see, Gwen is a High Energy Person with a Passion for Living each day to the Fullest, and Helping others to do the same. I am sure you will agree that she is an Amazing Health Champion! You can check out her website @ https://therichsolution.com/